Aston Darby Airport Parking Manchester - Is it genuine or a scam?

Aston Darby are offering Airport Parking spaces at Manchester airport. They claim to guarantee returns of 22% but this is not an FSCS protected investment so the guarantee depends on them deciding to honour it. If they go bust in 2 years time you could well have lost all of your money. There is nothing that backs up the guarantees.

The company Aston Darby was only setup in 2017 and has yet to file accounts so you are reliant on a very new company.  There is nothing to stop them paying you back your own money as the guaranteed income which may then stop after 2 years.

Aston Darby Airport Parking Manchester - is it a genuine?
Aston Darby Airport Parking Manchester - is it a scam?

These types of unregulated investments might be suitable for an investor who has millions of other assets but for the average consumer they are a very risky option where you could lose all of your investment as those who have put their hard earned money into similar schemes have discovered to their cost.

Remember - this is a high risk investment and only suitable for those who are high net worth and as a very small part of a bigger portfolio that you are prepared to lose your money. It isn't a guaranteed or low risk option that Aston Darby seem to be claiming.

If you do invest then the only way to get your money back is to find someone else to sell your investment to. It is unlikely that many people will want to do this so unlike stock market investments where you can sell immediately you may struggle to ever find a buyer at a price you want.

Comments

  1. Aston Darby's 'car-park' is at Lode Hill, Altrincham Road, Styal, Wilmslow ,Cheshire, SK9 4LH Not so much a car-park, but a muddy field with a couple of ares of hardstanding. No planning permission for some of the hardstanding and nothing for the field either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impossible to get hold of anyone from this company by phone. I have bought 2 parking plots , 1 in Manchester and 1 in Glasgow. Suddenly nobody is answering the phone or letting you know what is happening with the title deeds to the parking places purchased. The stopped a long time ago the weekly updates with the building progress of the parking places. Looking more and more like I have seen the last of my money or my title deeds or Aston Darby Someone from the police needs to look into this as it smacks of a scam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have lost 4 spaces, i have tried to phone them today no answer
      who can i complain about them.......

      Delete
  3. Impossible to get hold of anyone from this company by phone. I have bought 2 parking plots , 1 in Manchester and 1 in Glasgow. Suddenly nobody is answering the phone or letting you know what is happening with the title deeds to the parking places purchased. The stopped a long time ago the weekly updates with the building progress of the parking places. Looking more and more like I have seen the last of my money or my title deeds or Aston Darby Someone from the police needs to look into this as it smacks of a scam

    ReplyDelete
  4. These comments on here do not surprise me! I have purchased spaces at Manchester and Glasgow. I've recently been sent a letter off the CEO of Aston Darby, A man called Lee Heywood. He has clearly stated that if I take legal action I will end up with nothing like Park First Investors. He also states everyone has ripped him off and he has no money so pointless pursuing any claims. The letter has made me even more angry. His attitude and lack of overall response over the two years, plus the fact I still do not have title deeds is quite simply not good enough. A fellow investor has told me of a legal action being taken by a law firm called ClaimExperts.co.uk based in Liverpool. I urge more investors to join the action! I have made contact with them today and given them my instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am shocked and upset to find out by chance Aston Darby have been forced into liquidation. However, I am not entirely surprised, as I did not get the second return for one of my two spaces that should have been paid July 2019, and it has been increasingly difficult to actually get hold of someone - they neither answer the phone nor, lately, reply to emails. There was also a very odd email from the CEO a few weeks ago, regarding a conspiracy by a disgruntled former employee to bring the company down. I have bought spaces with both Parkfirst and AD, having been convinced by a broker that airport carparking was the way to go. Re Parkfirst, I have been advised to sue the SOLICITORS who did the conveyancing for failure to give correct advice. This would be a completely separate issue to suing the company itself and with better chance of success - some Parkfirst investors have reported trying sue the company (Parkfirst) using 'no win no fee' solicitors (TWL) with no luck at all. One complication is that English law is different from Scottish - I don't think an English solicitor can deal with a Scottish issue - so re Parkfirst, it is only investors in Gatwick who can sue the solicitor. I am not sure if we actually used a solicitor for conveyancing of AD spaces - will have to check. I would be interested to hear if you have any luck with ClaimExperts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Concept Capital Group Review - Is it a Scam?

LCF - Where Are The Assets & People Now?

Hunter Jones Investment Review - Is it a Scam?